Chat with us
This guide is meant to help describe the organization of administrative law materials - and how to find them.
For a more in-depth discussion on administrative law, check out a treatise:
For all other research help at HLS, email, call, chat, text us: Ask a Librarian.
Administrative law research has three distinct but related content:
- Substantive administrative law and the underlying powers and procedures of administrative agencies
- Regulatory activities and actions of administrative agencies, including agency regulations, decisions and reports
- Issuances of the President, namely Executive Orders
Finding administrative law materials often starts with:
- Administrative agency website
- Federal Register
- Code of Federal Regulations
- Lexis, Westlaw or Bloomberg Law
- Loose-leaf services, like BNA & CCH