SUGGESTED DATABASES FOR CHILD ADVOCACY RESEARCH
ERIC (EBSCOhost) (1966-) The ERIC Index is a major resource for research in all areas of education. Produced by the US Department of Education.
MetaLib+/E-Research Primo Central Hosted by Ex Libris in a cloud computing environment, the Primo Central Mega-Index covers hundreds of millions of global and regional e-resources, such as journal articles and e-books, that are obtained from primary and secondary publishers and aggregators, and from open-access repositories. Access full-text online immediately, or see other access options if full-text is not available.
Families and Society Studies WorldwideThis database on family and gender related topics, provides access to publications from a wide range of social science disciplines including anthropology, sociology, psychology, demography, health sciences, education, economics, law, history and social work. Among the sources indexed are professional journals, books and book chapters, working papers, selected popular literature, conference papers, government reports, dissertations and web sites.
PsychInfo PsycINFO indexes and provides abstracts for the professional and academic literature in psychology and related disciplines (psychiatry, education, linguistics, neurosciences, etc.)
Social Science Research Network SSRN covers new legal scholarship.
Social Services Abstracts (CSA) Social Services Abstracts focuses on social work, human services, and related areas, including community and mental health services, social and health policy, family and social welfare, poverty, homelessness, and gerontology.
Web of Science The search interface at this web site provides access to Science Citation Index,Social Sciences Citation Index and Arts & Humanities Citation Index.
On these pages are sources for researching and learning about Child Advocacy Law.
This guide was authored by June Casey and updated by Michelle Pearse.
Family & Juvenile Law -- News and Current Awareness
- Family Advocate
- The quarterly news-and-feature membership magazine of the American Bar Association Section of Family Law.
- Family Law Case Summaries Newsletter (Findlaw)
- Family Law Prof Blog
- Family Law Reporter (BNA)
Family Law Update (Westlaw) Full text of the loose-leaf publication entitled FAMILY LAW UPDATE, 2007 Edition, by Ronald L. Brown and Laura W. Morgan, Esq., and published by Aspen Publishers, Inc., a Wolters Kluwer business, covering all the current issues and relevant opinions pertaining to family law. Database Identifier: FAMLU
- Family Law eNewsletter, ABA Section of Family Law
- SSRN subject journal alerts (subscribe through Harvard access)
- Juvenile Information Network
- Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, News @ a Glance
- Topical Highlights - Family Law (Westlaw)
- Summaries of important points of law from decisions on family-related topics, including federal and state cases. Highlights date back to 1988.
Child Advocacy -- Career Guide
- Children's Rights Law -- A Career Guide
- Bernard Koteen Office of Public Interest Advising, Harvard Law School. Revised 2007.