Welcome to the Harvard Library
HOLLIS+ for Finding Books and Articles
At Harvard, when you are looking for books and articles on a topic, do a keyword search in HOLLIS+, for example competitive authoritarianism. Once you have done a search, note the various options to refine your results on the left side of the page. The options there enable you to narrow your search by language, source type, subject, etc.
Finding Scholarly Sources
Broad subject coverage, more scholarly than Google, challenging to refine large sets of search results.
A series of selective online guides to the essential literature in subjects in the humanities and social sciences.
Proquest Social Sciences Premium
Scholarly database including coverage of politics, sociology, anthropology, and education.
Worldwide Political Science Abstracts
Scholarly database covering the journal literature in political science including international relations, law, and public policy.
Web of Science
Multidisciplinary scholarly database of mainly articles, features citation searching.
Helpful Services & Tools
- Library Resources for Harvard Summer School Students
- Harvard Library - The central starting point for Harvard Library services, resources and information.
- Harvard LibX - Browser add-on that allows you to link quickly from the material found on the web to HOLLIS+ and e-resources.
- Ask a Librarian - Send us your question virtually.
- Zotero: Getting Started - A tool for saving, organizing and formatting your research sources.
- Research Management & Citation Tools Research Guide - Information about various citation tools supported by the Harvard Library.
- Purdue OWL - Help for your citation style questions.