Selected Harvard Libraries and Collections
This is a selective list of libraries at Harvard with collections most relevant to this course:
- Widener Library, the largest research library at Harvard with collections focused on humanities and social sciences;
- Harvard Law School Library, with superb collections in U.S. and international law;
- Kennedy School Library, with collections supporting study at the John F. Kennedy School of Government;
- Lamont Library, the general undergraduate library, which also houses the Government Documents and Microforms collections.
Helpful Research Services and Tools
- Harvard Library site - The central starting point for Harvard Library services, resources and information.
- HOLLIS+ - Sign in and start searching for books and articles together.
- Scan and Deliver - A free electronic document delivery service for Harvard students, faculty and staff.
- Borrow Direct - For books not currently available at Harvard, you can request them through Borrow Direct. If one of the libraries in this network has the item, you should receive it within 4 days.
- Interlibrary Loan - If the item is not available through Borrow Direct, submit an Interlibrary Loan request to borrow it from a broader network of libraries.
- Research Management and Citation Tools - a guide to using these tools that enable you to collect and to organize your sources and to create bibliographies quickly.
- Ask a Librarian - Send us your question virtually.