Finding information for Anesthesia
Use the links to the left for help in finding textbooks, visual materials, and drug resources. For starters, consider the links below.
- MicromedexA drug and pharmacy reference. In depth information about prescribing, mechanism, adverse effects, drug interactions.
- EmbaseSearch the primary literature. Embase has special drug subheadings and route of administration limits. Try the Drug Search.
Many texts can be searched at once in AccessSurgery or AccessMedicine. For individual texts, see the list below
- Basics of Anesthesia byISBN: 0323401155Publication Date: 2017-06-26
- Miller's Anesthesia byISBN: 9780323596046Publication Date: 2019-10-14
- Clinical Anesthesia byISBN: 9781496337009Publication Date: 2017-05-19
- Anatomy for Anaesthetists byISBN: 9781118375983Publication Date: 2013-12-31
- Pharmacology and Physiology for Anesthesia byISBN: 0323481108Publication Date: 2018-11-27
- Smith's Anesthesia for Infants and Children byISBN: 032334125XPublication Date: 2016-12-02
- Pain Medicine byISBN: 0199931488Publication Date: 2015-05-14.
- Practical Management of Pain byISBN: 9780323083409Publication Date: 2013-09-12
- Practical Anesthetic Management byISBN: 9783319428666Publication Date: 2016-11-27As Sir William Osler said "The practice of medicine is an art, based on science". The authors believe that the art of precision medicine is knowing when the science of medicine should not be applied to your patient. This practical guide to managing patient expectations while maintaining a good medical practice presents as one of the only books of its kind. Written for anesthesiology residents in training, as well as practicing physicians, Practical Anesthetic Management focuses on giving clinicians the tools to create safer, more effective and efficient practices while catering to patient satisfaction. Featuring pearls for teaching purposes, Practical Anesthetic Management also covers topics like preoperative evaluation, tips on blood-gas analysis, and essentials of airway management, all complete with accompanying videos.