- the name of the city where the congregation is located
- unitarian* or universalis* (the asterisk will locate words beginning with these letters but having different endings, such as "Unitarian," "Unitarians," "Unitarianism," "Universalist," "Universalists," "Universalism")
If you get too many hits or too many incorrect hits, add a third box one of the following:
- a word or two-word phrase from the name of the congregation (for example, First, All Souls, Messiah). If the congregation has had different names during its history, try previous names if a current name does not work
- the name of the state or province spelled out in full. If the full name does not yield results, try its old-style abbreviations (for example, Mass., Calif.)
If you get too many hits and are looking for:
- congregational histories, change the default search boxes from "Anywhere" to "Subject words"
- congregational records, change the default search boxes from "Anywhere" to "Subject words"
- sermons, put sermon* in the third box