Update: Course Materials during Academic Year 2020-2021
The Library uses the Reserves List Tool in Canvas to manage and process electronic and print course materials for your courses. During Academic Year 2020-2021, we will be fulfilling course materials requests in digital format only.
The IT Service Center will assist with technical questions about setting up the Reserve List Tool for your courses in Canvas. Please contact Gutman Library Digital Scholarship Librarian (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any additional questions about course materials or processes.
Be sure to coordinate and collaborate with faculty assistants who have been trained to acquire and manage course materials. Please contact Pam Burton, Director of Faculty Support Services (email@example.com) with questions on faculty assistant support.
To request new required course materials to be purchased by Gutman Library:
- Please use the Gutman Library purchase request form
- Complete a new citation request in the Reserves List Tool for the item you have requested for purchase. When the item from your request form has been received, it will be automatically updated and available in the Reserves List Tool for your course.
- If the Reserves List Tool is not yet available or if there are any other issues, contact the Digital Scholarship Librarian (firstname.lastname@example.org) .
To request course materials previously on reserve at Gutman Library:
- If re-using required materials in print format on the Reserves List Tool from your previous course, we will verify if available electronically. If not, we will work with you to locate alternate electronic material.
- If re-using any electronic/digital item on the Reserves List Tool from your previous course, no action is necessary. The item will be retained and available for your course. Delete/remove any items that will not be re-used.
- If re-using a local/HGSE digitized item (a digital chapter pdf) on the Reserves List Tool from your previous course, no action is necessary. The item will be retained and available for your course. Delete/remove any items that will not be re-used.
To request course materials not previously on reserve but available electronically in HOLLIS:
- If you need an electronic item/resource you haven't previously used, but is owned by the Library, you can add the new item by clicking on the blue plus sign icon in your list. Use the search tab to locate the item, then select the item and add it.