What is EndNote?
EndNote is probably the most sophisticated of the citation tool options. The user interface is highly customizable and very robust. However, it may take a bit longer to learn than other tools and the most full-featured version usually costs money, but there's an educational discount for Harvard students.
Strengths of EndNote
- Can handle large collections of citations
- Has unlimited storage space
- Many library databases offer a direct export option for EndNote
- Has professional technical support
- PDFs can be viewed and annotated directly in EndNote
- Especially good for life sciences
Getting Started with EndNote
* Users with a Harvard ID can purchase EndNote at a discount through HUIT's third-party web store managed by OntheHub network.
* Anyone can try EndNote without purchase using their 30-day trial.
* FAS students, faculty, and staff can download EndNote free of charge from the FAS software downloads page.
EndNote Classes at Harvard
Getting Help with EndNote
EndNote offers excellent support tools. There are video tutorials and webinars for task-based support, and a thorough technical question FAQ. EndNote also maintains an extensive knowledge base that can be mined for answers to more obscure problems.