What is Zotero?
Zotero is a free, open-source citation tool that works with Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. It allows you to collect metadata that can be inserted into Word as citations and bibliographies.
Strengths of Zotero
- Unlimited storage when you register using your Harvard email address.
- Good at retrieving PDF metadata.
- Easy import of citations via browser plug-in.
- Automatically imports PDFs when possible.
- Works well with non-traditional electronic sources.
- Good support from user community at zotero.org.