What is Zotero?
Zotero is a free, open-source citation tool that works with Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. It allows you to collect metadata that can be inserted into Word as citations and bibliographies.
Strengths of Zotero
- Unlimited storage when you register using your Harvard email address.
- Good at retrieving PDF metadata.
- Easy import of citations via browser plug-in.
- Automatically imports PDFs when possible.
- Works well with non-traditional electronic sources.
- Good support from user community at zotero.org.
Getting Started with Zotero
Zotero Classes at Harvard
We don't have any more Zotero classes planned for Spring or Summer 2019. We plan to offer more Zotero classes in Fall 2019. If you need assistance with learning EndNote, please use the form on the front of this guide to ask a question or to request a meeting with a librarian.