What is Zotero?
Zotero is a free, open-source citation tool that works with Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. It allows you to collect metadata that can be inserted into Word as citations and bibliographies.
Strengths of Zotero
- Unlimited storage when you register using your Harvard email address.
- Good at retrieving PDF metadata.
- Easy import of citations via browser plug-in.
- Automatically imports PDFs when possible.
- Works well with non-traditional electronic sources.
- Good support from user community at zotero.org.
Getting Started with Zotero
Zotero Classes at Harvard
We have no more Zotero sessions scheduled for the fall. Check in with us in 2019 to see the spring schedule. In the meantime, use the form below to connect with Zotero-experienced librarians.