What is Zotero?
Zotero is a free, open-source citation tool that works with Chrome and Firefox. It allows you to collect metadata that can be inserted into Word as citations and bibliographies.
Strengths of Zotero
- Unlimited storage when you register using your Harvard email address.
- Good at retrieving PDF metadata.
- Easy import of citations via browser plug-in.
- Automatically imports PDFs when possible.
- Works well with non-traditional electronic sources.
- Good support from user community at zotero.org.
Getting Started with Zotero
Zotero Classes at Harvard
Upcoming HKS Workshops
Members of the HKS Community: see KNet for more information on workshops.
Upcoming FAS Workshops (Zotero Basics, open to the Harvard community)
We do not plan to schedule any more Zotero Basics classes until fall 2020. If you would like to schedule a class for a group you are affiliated with, or if you would like to learn how to use Zotero, please feel free to submit a question or request through our help form on our Citation and Research Management Tools at Harvard guide.