Contact the research librarians
Gutman librarians are available to answer your questions Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm EST.
Email: Use our Ask Us form
Drop in at the main desk on Gutman's 2nd floor: Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm EST
Need more in-depth research help? Make a virtual appointment to work with a research librarian.
To schedule a time, use the Gutman Library Research Appointment tool.
Find articles & books
Ex: Executive functioning predicts reading, mathematics
Ex: Oxford handbook of cognitive neuroscience
Help with your assignments
Get help from experts:
- Your professor or TF can discuss your ideas with you and help you connect them to course readings and assignments.
- Librarians can help you develop a research strategy and identify relevant resources and search terms.
- A Writing Center TF can help refine a research question and review drafts of papers.
Manage and cite my research
Use Zotero to:
- create reference lists in APA and other formats
- create a searchable database of your research
- import citations, abstracts, and more from online sources
- organize notes and full text documents, such as PDFs, images, spreadsheets
Begin with HOLLIS to find online access to books and articles available through the Harvard Library.
In HOLLIS but not available online?
- Use the "Scan & Deliver" or "Scan & Deliver/Interlibrary Loan" link on the HOLLIS record to request digital copies of articles and book chapters (only two chapters per book). Learn more about Scan & Deliver.
- Pickup at Lamont Library is available by appointment for materials in certain Harvard collections, including Widener, Lamont, and Gutman Library materials off-site at the Harvard Depository. For directions to the pickup area at Lamont Library and the full list of currently available collections, please see Borrowing Physical Collections.
Not in HOLLIS?
- Use Interlibrary Loan to request digital copies of articles and book chapters from our partner libraries (please anticipate there may be delays). Learn more about Interlibrary Loan or place an Interlibrary Loan request.