Sony a-6400 Instructions
These instructions are also included in the camera bag.
- Insert the SD card into the slot on the bottom of the camera.
- Turn on the camera by rotating the ON/OFF switch.
- Press the shutter all the way down to take a photo.
- Press the record • button to record a video
- Press the playback button ▶ to see your photo.
Set your focus mode by pressing Fn and using the control wheel to navigate to the Focus Mode menu.
Single-shot AF (AF-S) automatically focuses when you press the shutter button halfway down.
Continuous AF (AF-C) continuously refocuses on the focus area.
Manual focus (MF) allows you to focus by rotating the lens ring.
Having trouble changing focus mode? Make sure the AF/MF switch on the lens is set to AF.
Program AE (P) automatically adjusts aperture and shutter to produce the best exposure.
Aperture Priority (A) allows you to manually control the aperture with the control dial. Shutter speed is adjusted automatically.
Shutter Priority (S) allows you to manually control the shutter speed with the control dial. Aperture is adjusted automatically.
Manual (M) mode allows you to manually control the aperture with the control dial, and the shutter speed by rotating the control wheel.