Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is Zotero?
Zotero is a free, open-source citation tool that works with Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. It allows you to collect metadata that can be inserted into Word as citations and bibliographies.
Getting Started with Zotero
Strengths of Zotero
- Unlimited storage when you register using your Harvard email address.
- Good at retrieving PDF metadata.
- Easy import of citations via browser plug-in.
- Automatically imports PDFs when possible.
- Works well with non-traditional electronic sources.
- Good support from user community at zotero.org.
Do you just need to produce a quick bibliography? Try ZoteroBib to create a bibliography quickly in a variety of citation styles without creating an account or installing any software.