Subjects & Keywords
Getty Art and Architecture Thesaurus (AAT): find alternate terms to expand your searching
Data and Maps
Books and Journals Beyond Harvard
Most useful databases:
- Avery Index of Architectural Periodicals
- Urban Studies Abstracts
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCO): a multidisciplinary database that includes citations and abstracts from over 4,700 scholarly publications (journals, magazines and newspapers). Full text is available for more than 3,600 of the publications and is searchable.
- America: History and Life
- Web of Science Citation Index, including Journal Citations Reports, with ranking of urban studies titles by impact factor.This guide will get you started.
- Journal of Planning Literature
- PAIS (Public Affairs Information Service)
- Sociological Abstracts
- CQ Researcher : reports on a current social issues, providing background information, important points to consider, charts and graphs, and a source list for further reading. Relevant reports on housing, development and transportation.
- Lexis Nexis Academic: for indexing and full text of legal, business and news sources.
- ISI Emerging Markets: provides comprehensive country and company information for emerging markets in Asia, Latin America, Eastern Europe, and the Middle East-North Africa,including: country profiles; macroeconomic statistics, forecasts, and analysis; reports on financial markets, companies and industries; exchange rates; analyst reports; and business news.
- TRIS Online (Transportation Research Information Services Online)
For a complete list of e-resources see E-Research at Harvard
Need More Help?
Start at the Services desk during library hours for quick assistance and on-site referrals.
Ask a Design Librarian - view answers to frequently asked questions..and submit your own.
Schedule a Research Consultation: Contact Sarah Dickinson with a brief description of your topic and times you are available to meet.