Search for Books and More in HOLLIS
- Search for books, many journal articles formerly available only in databases, journals, images, maps, manuscript and archival materials, videos, music and open access
- Looking for articles in design journals? See article search options, below.
Online Reference Sources
Most useful databases:
- Avery Index of Architectural Periodicals
- Urban Studies Abstracts
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCO): a multidisciplinary database that includes citations and abstracts from over 4,700 scholarly publications (journals, magazines and newspapers). Full text is available for more than 3,600 of the publications and is searchable.
- America: History and Life
- Web of Science Citation Index, including Journal Citations Reports, with ranking of urban studies titles by impact factor.This guide will get you started.
- Journal of Planning Literature
- PAIS (Public Affairs Information Service)
- Sociological Abstracts
- CQ Researcher : reports on a current social issues, providing background information, important points to consider, charts and graphs, and a source list for further reading. Relevant reports on housing, development and transportation.
- Lexis Nexis Academic: for indexing and full text of legal, business and news sources.
- ISI Emerging Markets: provides comprehensive country and company information for emerging markets in Asia, Latin America, Eastern Europe, and the Middle East-North Africa,including: country profiles; macroeconomic statistics, forecasts, and analysis; reports on financial markets, companies and industries; exchange rates; analyst reports; and business news.
- National Transportation Library
- TRID is an integrated database that combines the records from TRB’s Transportation Research Information Services Database and the OECD’s Joint Transport Research Centre’s International Transport Research Documentation, providing access to more that one millon records of transportation research worldwide.