Essential library resources and services
To find e-books, first type your topic into HOLLIS+. Limit to books, and click the search button. Next, after the results load, look at the text, just above them, that says available online. Click that option. Finally, view your results. Also try the EBSCO E-Book Collection.
Finding E-Books in HOLLIS+
1. Type your topic into the HOLLIS+ library catalog, at hollis.harvard.edu. Limit to “Books,” and click the “Search” button.
2. After the results load, look at the text just above them. Click the “Available online” option.
3. View your results.
Beyond what's available in the library catalog, Harvard Library subscribes to thousands of databases containing articles, images, sound, data, and more!
Go to the Find Databases and E-Resources menu, pictured below, to select the database that's best for your needs.
- Click each tab—Database Name, Keyword, and Subject—to search or browse for a database (note that you're not searching inside the databases yet).
- Once you have examined the options in each tab, click on the More info option for the databases of interest to learn more.
- Revisit the menu to connect to and search the database of greatest use to you.