Subject and Interdisciplinary Databases
Is research from other disciplines relevant to your research question? Try these databases:
- Psychology - PsycINFO
- Social Sciences (includes education, psychology, economics, etc.) - ProQuest Social Sciences
- Business - Business Source Complete
- Scholarly journals in all areas - Web of Science
- Google Scholar user? Add the Harvard Library Bookmark to your browser to link to full text available though the library
Finding the best search terms for these databases:
- Search the title of a great article you've already read and then look at the words used to describe it in the "Subjects" list. Search those words to find more articles similar to the one you liked.
- Don't have a great article already? Select "Title" in the dropdown and search your key word or phrase there.
Not sure which one to use? Is something else better? Ask Us!
Google Scholar Tips
TIP: Add the Harvard Library Bookmark to your browser to link to full text available though the library.
Get better focused results by using Advanced Google Scholar (go to Google Scholar and click on the menu link in the upper left)
Advanced Search lets you specify words that must be present ("all"), words that are part of exact phrases, and a group of words where at least one must be present in your results.