- The publication of direct quotations, excerpts, and images from Archives' collections requires the permission of the University Archivist.
- Submit permission requests well in advance of publication date to email@example.com.
- Please note that it may take several weeks for a response to be sent.
- Requests must include the following information:
- copies of relevant sections of the manuscript, with quotes or excerpts highlighted, and/or copies of images;
- complete citations for the original materials, including the name of the collection, title/description/date of the item, folder title, call number, and box number (if applicable);
- title of the publication in which the material will appear;
- name of the publisher; and
- anticipated date of publication.
For more information about copyright and unpublished material, see the FAQs provided by the Society of American Archivists.