Key Data and Data Visualization Resources for Public Policy
- Data Resources for HKS AffiliatesYour go-to guide to all things data & statistics at HKS, including a comprehensive list of data repositories and databases, software resources, etc.
- Comparative Agendas ProjectCollects and organizes data from various sources to trace policy changes and outcomes over time, starting in the 1940s; covers the United States and Canada, most of Western Europe and the European Union, Russia, and Brazil, among others, with more countries being added.
- PolicyMap (Harvard Login)Web-based GIS that captures data through custom demographic maps, tables, reports and an analysis tool called Analytics. You can incorporate your own data and use thousands of indicators already available including demographics, home sale statistics, health data, mortgage trends, school performance scores and labor data like unemployment, crime statistics and city crime rates.
- SimplyAnalytics (Harvard Login)Mapping tool for the United States that enables the creation of maps and tables that incorporate data such as population, age, race, income, employment, and education. In addition, Harvard subscribes to premium content including Experian Simmons Local for market research data and D&B for business demographics.
- Social Explorer (Harvard Login)Create maps and tables of data from the decennial Census and the American Community Survey from 1790-2010+. Also includes religion surveys from 1980-2010.
Also check data sources available in digital or analog formats at Harvard's Data and Government Information unit at Lamont Library.