Google Custom Search for Science & Technology Policy
Search the content of all free websites listed in this research guide. Content in Harvard subscription databases that require Harvard login and print books are not included in this search.
Journals & Databases
- Annual Reviews (Harvard Login)Includes Computer Science, Nutrition, Environment, Food Science, Marine Science, Materials Research, Public Health and more.
- Environment Index (Harvard Login) Database covering U.S. and international technical and general environmental and energy related journals.
- IEEE Explore Digital Library (Harvard Login) Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) and the Institution of Electrical Engineers (IEE) publications. Includes 148 journals, 627 conference proceeedings, 900 active IEEE technical standards. Full text from 1988 and select content from 1950.
- MIT Technology Review (Harvard Login) Examines the human & social dimensions of science and technology. Topics on energy & environment, computers & biotech.
- Nature (Harvard Login) A weekly, international journal, publishing papers from any area of science with great potential impact and whose importance extends well beyond the confines of the specific discipline concerned.
- ScienceDirect (Harvard Login) Provides access to the full text of several hundred journals published by Elsevier Science.
- Scientific American (Harvard Login) News and features on science issues that matter including earth, environment, and space.
- Web of Science (Harvard Login) Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals.
- BCC Research (Harvard login)Reports on major economic, scientific, and technological developments in industrial, pharmaceutical, and high technology.
- eMarketer (Harvard Login)Market data, statistics, and analysis on the Internet, e-business, online marketing, media, and emerging technologies. eMarketer is useful for understanding the growth and impact of the Internet as well as for keeping up with new trends, such as social networking and mobile marketing.
- Gartner Online Information Resources (Harvard login)Information technology-related research, news, analysis, and trends.
- IBIS World (Harvard login)IBISWorld is the United States' most comprehensive collection of Industry Market Research and Industry Risk Ratings
- World Telecommunication/ICT Indicators Database (Harvard Login)The World Telecommunication/ICT Indicators database contains time series data for more than 180 telecommunication/ICT (Information and Communication Technologies) statistics. The data is for the years 1960, 1965, 1970 and annually from 1975 to 2017.
Free Databases & Sites
- CiteSeerXCiteSeerx is an evolving scientific literature digital library and search engine that has focused primarily on the literature in computer and information science.
- Federation of American ScientistsContains reports, issue briefs and other publications on national and international security issues connected to applied science and technology.
- National AcademiesThe home page for the National Academy of Sciences, the National Academy of Engineering, the Institute of Medicine, and the National Research Council reports grouped by topic. Once specific reports are identified search for them in title in HOLLIS as many of them are available in print or online through Harvard Libraries. You can also download reports for free online but have to register for a free account..
- OECD, Directorate for Science,Technology & Industry PolicyFree version of OECD site with focus on science and technology policy in industrialized countries. Publications organized by topic.
- Pew Internet & American Life ProjectPew Research Center Project studying the social impact of the internet. Provides data about trends relating to internet use for both adults and teenagers.
- Rand, Science & Technology ReportsIncludes number of full-text reports on science and technology topics by this prominent think tank.
- Science & Development NetworkNews and information about science, technology and the developing world.
- United Nations Conference on Trade and Development, Commission on Science and Technology for DevelopmentPortal to UN documents on science and technology for development.
- arXivePreprint open access archive popular with researchers from engineering, computer science and other hard sciences.
- National Technical Reports LibrarySearch over 3 million bibliographic records and get free access to over 800,000 digitized full-text reports in science, technology, engineering, math, medicine, and many other subjects.
- European Commission, Joint Research CentreHuge library of reports relating to science and technology issues in EU countries.
- EuroStat, Science, Technology and Innovation StatisticsIncludes government budgets for R&D, patent statistics, community innovation surveys and other information for EU countries.
- ICT StatisticsInformation and communication technology facts and figures from the UN's International Telecommunication Union.
- National Technical Information Service (Harvard Login)Access to scientific and technical reports produced by or for U.S. federal agencies, within EBSCO. The database being searched is the free National Technical Reports Library, which is listed above.
- National Center for Science and Engineering StatisticsUS statistics by topic from the National Science Foundation.
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)NIST measurements support the smallest of technologies to the largest and most complex of human-made creations. Strong focus on telecommunications and cybersecurity topics.
- Office of Technology Assessment ArchiveUntil its demise in 1995 the U.S. Congress’ Office of Technology Assessment (OTA) produced a series of well-regarded reports on a wide range of key policy issues related to science and technology. This archive is maintained by the Federation of American Scientists.
- White House Office of Science and Technology PolicyThis office advises the President and others within the Executive Office of the President on the effects of science and technology on domestic and international affairs. Includes Resource Library with documents, speeches and reports.
- Science.govSearches over 60 databases, over 2,200 websites of federal science information in many formats (text, multimedia, data). Offers free access to research and development (R&D) results and scientific and technical information from scientific organizations across 13 federal agencies. Science.gov is the U.S. contribution to WorldWideScience.org. FAQ: https://www.science.gov/faq.html
- WorldWideScience.orgFederation of national science portals from over 70 countries providing links to full text publications.
- NASA Technical ReportsThe NTRS is a valuable resource for researchers, students, educators, and the public to access NASA’s current and historical technical literature and engineering results.