Wadsworth House, Harvard's second oldest surviving building, is located at 1341 Massachusetts Avenue in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Often referred to in University records as "The President's House," it was built in 1726 as a residence for Benjamin Wadsworth and his family. Nine Harvard presidents, including Wadsworth, Edward Holyoke, Samuel Locke, Samuel Langdon, Joseph Willard, Samuel Webber, John Thornton Kirkland, Josiah Quincy, and Edward Everett, lived in Wadsworth House between 1727 and 1846.
In 1775, Wadsworth House was the temporary headquarters of Generals George Washington and Charles Lee.
Over the years, Wadsworth House has been home to students (including Ralph Waldo Emerson, AB 1821) and Harvard offices, including that of the University Marshal.