Working with Hollis: Databases
Key Databases for Latin American & Iberian Studies
Data Bases & Electronic Resources are used to search within journals and often allow one to conduct specialized searches of material gathered around a topic.
- Hispanic American Periodical Index (HAPI) Covers Latin America & Hispanic-American topics, including literature. Contains content in English and Spanish.
- Handbook of Latin American StudiesCovers Latin America, including literature. Contains content in English and Spanish. Does not provide full-text; to find full-text, do a new search in HOLLIS for item.
- MLA International Bibliography: A major source for literary & cultural criticism
- JSTOR A great source for cultural and literary criticism, but does not contain the most recent scholarship.
- Historical Abstracts A major source for scholarship on history, outside of the US.
- Chicano Database: The Chicano Database is a comprehensive bibliographic index presenting all types of material for information about Mexican-American topics and the only specialized database for and about Chicanos.