Records of the President of Harvard University, Charles W. Eliot, 1869-1930 (UAI 5.150)
Charles William Eliot (1834-1926) was President of Harvard University from March 12, 1869 to May 19, 1909. These are official records produced by Eliot's presidential administration. They date principally from 1869 to his retirement in 1909. The largest part of these, consisting of correspondence and writings, document important aspects of Eliot’s administration and shed light on his leadership and accomplishments.
This collection is open for research, including the following folders:
- Chinese students, 1906-1909 (Box 80)
- Cosmopolitan Club, 1908-1909 (Box 82)
- India, Students From (Box 85, Folder 1123)
- Indian students, undated (Box 96)
- Indo-American National Association, 1908 (Box 96)
- Japanese, 1903-1910 (Box 96-97)
- [Address to the Chinese High Commissioner] (Box 220, Folder 178)
- [Remarks on the Chinese] (Box 225, Folder 395)
- Japanese Character (Box 225, Folder 412)
- Japanese Characteristics (Box 225, Folder 426)
- The moral qualities of the Japanese (Box 233, Folder 801)
- Exchanges--India, 1926 (Box 234, Folder 377)
Records of the Dean of Students, 1927-1999 (UAIII 5.34.100)
These records, chiefly dating from the late 1930's through 1999, document the functions of the Dean of Students. The interests of the Dean include: extra-curricular undergraduate activities, the academic, mental, and physical well-being of students, and the relationships among students, faculty, college and university administration, and surrounding Cambridge community.
Note: University records in the collection are restricted for 50 years from their date of creation. Student records in the collection are restricted for 80 years from their date of creation.
The following folder in this collection is open for research:
- Harvard-Radcliffe Students for Asian Studies, [1965-68] (Box 10)
The following records are still subject to University restrictions on access and are not yet open for research:
- Harvard-Radcliffe Concerned Asian Culture Group, 1971- (Box 18)
- Harvard-Radcliffe Coalition of Asian American, 1974-1980 (Box 66)
- Committee of Concerned Asian Students, 1977-1978 (Box 74)
- Southeast Asian Club, 1984-1986 (Box 137)
- Asian American Association, 1980-1984 (Box 66)
- Asian American Association, 1984-1990 (Box 130)
- Asian American Association, 1990-1997 (Box 112)
- Asian American Dance Troupe, 1994-1996 (Box 112)
- Asian Baptist Student Koinonia, 1991-1997 (Box 112)
- Association for Asian Studies (HAAS), 1989-1991 (Box 130)
- Asian Theatre Workshop, 1990-1991 (Box 130)
- South Asian Society, 1977-1981 (Box 103)
- South Asian Association, 1980-1981 (Box 103)
- South Asian Association, 1983-1993 (Box 137)
- South Asian Association, 1993-1998 (Box 123)
- Radcliffe Asian American Women's Group, 1982-1984 (Box 66)
- Radcliffe Asian Women's Group, 1978-1979 (Box 66)
- HAPA (Half-Asian People's Association), 1995-1996 (Box 116)
- H.P.A.I.R (Project for Asian and International Relations), 1991-1992 (Box 134)
- HAPIR (Harvard Project for Asian and International Relations), 1993-1998 (Box 117)
- Asian American Christian Fellowship, 1994-1997 (Box 112)
- Association of Radcliffe Asian American, 1988-1994 (Box 122)
General information by and about the Harvard Asian and Asian American Gender Studies Forum, 1993 (HUD 3163)
Contains a flyer for the 1993 Asian Women, Culture and Resistance Symposium presented by the Forum.
Open for research.
Harvard University News Office photographs: Gazette and Resource photographs, June 17, 1994-July 13, 1995 (UAV 605.295.22)
Black-and-white photographic enlargements of pictures taken for the Harvard University Gazette and Resource, including photographs taken for possible use but not published. Photographs depict University employees, faculty, students and alumni, events such as athletic competitions, student activities, lecture series, exhibitions, concerts, commencements, and reunions.
Includes the following folder:
- AAA Players [Asian American Association], January 12, 1995 (Box 2)
Open for research.