- Oxford Music Online(Contains Grove Music Online)
Great for: authoritative entries across a wide spectrum of genres, musical topics, and people; works lists; bibliographies
Format: online with new articles added regularly
- Grove Dictionary of American Music (2nd ed.)Great for: encyclopedia articles on American art music and composers, musical genres, and cultural groups; works lists; bibliographies
Format: print (Loeb Music Aldrich Room ML101.U6 N48 2013)
- RILM Music EncyclopediasGreat for: current and historical encyclopedias from a range of subject areas in historical musicology and ethnomusicology
Format: online, full-text articles; multilingual
- The Jazz Discography OnlineTom Lord's jazz catalog including records from 1896-today. (Print edition: ML156.4.J3 L67 1992)
- Oxford Bibliographies: MusicGreat For: extensive, annotated bibliographies on a selection of subjects in musicology and ethnomusicology
- Oxford Bibliographies: JazzGreat For: annotated bibliography on jazz history and related genres, race and gender, biography, ethnography, and jazz criticism.
- Jazz Scholarship and Pedagogy byCall Number: Loeb Music Library Aldrich Room ML128.J3 M34 2006An annotated bibliography to books, recordings, videos and websites in the field of jazz.