This guide provides links to resources relevant to Forced Migration through the Graphic Lens taught by Erin Routon. If you have library related questions, I would be happy to hear from you. I also recommend consulting the guide, Library Resources for Harvard Summer School Students.
Helpful Starting Points
Subject encyclopedias, bibliographies, and handbooks can provide useful context particularly when you are getting started in a subject area.
- Refugees: A Very Short Introduction provide concise introductions to a diverse range of subjects, written by experts.
- The Oxford Handbook of Refugee and Forced Migration Studies critically evaluates the development of refugee and forced migration studies, and analyses the key challenges faced by those working with and for forcibly displaced populations around the world.
Find Journal Articles
Below is a selection of resources for finding journals articles and much more. To explore the many databases Harvard subscribes to beyond this list use the Databases section of HOLLIS.
- Academic Search Premier is a multidisciplinary database that includes newspapers, journals, and magazines.
- MLA International Bibliography produced by the Modern Language Association, provides access to scholarly research in over 3,000 journals and series pertaining to literature, language, and linguistics.
- Social Science Premium includes mainly scholarly material in a range of social science disciplines including, sociology, political science, and education.
- Google Scholar enables you to search for scholarly literature, including journal articles,, theses, books across academic disciplines.
Reports, Documents & Data
- Think Tank Search is a custom Google search created by librarians at the Harvard Kennedy School (HKS). It "searches the websites of institutions that generate public policy research, analysis, and activity. These sites are affiliated with universities, governments, advocacy groups, foundations, and non-governmental organizations. The list represents a mixture of partisan and non-partisan think-tanks."
- Forced Migration and Refugee Studies, a library guide from Tufts University.