Contact the research librarians
Gutman librarians are available online to answer your questions Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm EST.
Email: Use our Ask Us
Need more in-depth research help? Make a virtual appointment to work with a research librarian.
To schedule a time, use the Gutman Library Research Appointment tool.
Get a Harvard Library bookmark
Find articles & books
Ex: Exploring emergent literacy development in a second language: A selective literature review
Ex: Handbook of family literacy
Help with your assignments
Get help from experts:
- Your professor or TF can discuss your ideas with you and help you connect them to course readings and assignments.
- Librarians can help you develop a research strategy and identify relevant resources and search terms.
- An Academic Writing Services TF can help refine a research question and review drafts of papers.
Manage and cite my research
Use Zotero to:
- create reference lists in APA and other formats
- create a searchable database of your research
- import citations, abstracts, and more from online sources
- organize notes and full text documents, such as PDFs, images, spreadsheets
Use Get It services to locate and request materials through the Harvard Library.
- Begin with HOLLIS to find books and more at Harvard's 70 libraries
- Available at Harvard? Visit the library and get it from the shelf if you need it right away. If you can wait 1 - 3 days, look for a "Request for Pick Up" link in HOLLIS to have the book delivered to Gutman or another Harvard library.
- Use Scan & Deliver to request copies of articles or chapters from materials available at Harvard
- Not available at Harvard?
Need help with an incomplete citation? Can't find it anywhere? Ask Us!