This guide offers resources and advice for locating information about scientific discoveries and ongoing science research
Set Yourself Up to Access Articles, etc.
- Google, Duckduckgo, etc. - install the Check Harvard Library Bookmarklet
- Google Scholar - set Harvard as your library under Settings > Library Links
- HOLLIS - make sure to sign in!
- The “Get It” page of the HOLLIS User Guide has more information on how to get ahold of material
- Find the Full Text -- more detailed advice from Robyn
Track the Story: An Example
Following the Topic of "Robobees" across Different Kinds of Publications
- Robotic insects make first controlled flight - 2013
- Using static electricity, RoboBees cling to surface - 2016
- Flight of the Robobees - Scientific America
- Bug-Inspired Robots Designed to Do Our Dirty Work- Discover
Peer-reviewed Journals and Conference Proceedings
- Controlled Flight of a Biologically Inspired, Insect-Scale Robot - Science
- Adaptive Control for Takeoff, Hovering, and Landing of a Robotic Fly - IEEE conference
- Fast, cheap and out of control: A robot invasion of the solar system- Brooks, 1989 Journal of the British Interplanetary Society
- To Bee or Not to Bee: Robobees and the Issues They Present for United States Law and Policy - Journal of Law, Technology & Policy
- Monolithic fabrication of three-dimensional structures
- Passive Torque Balancing in a High-Frequency Oscillating System
Review Articles - What's a "Review Article?"
- Killer Robots: Legality and Ethicality of Autonomous Weapons - 2009
- Vanishing bees : science, politics, and honeybee health - 2017