Skip to Main Content
- Oxford Bibliographies Online helps you identify some of the most important and influential scholarship across a variety of academic disciplines.
- Use the 'Browse by Subject' to see all available subject areas, which includes Psychology. You can browse the alphabetical list of bibliographies, or use the search box to find specific words.
- For example, here is a helpful entry: History of Psychology
- Annual Reviews series offers authoritative syntheses of the primary research literature in 46 academic fields.
- Use the 'Journals A-Z' option in the top menu to browse specific academic fields, and you can then browse each journal, looking at the Current Volume or All Volumes. Including the Annual Review of Psychology.
- The advanced search screen offers keyword searching, including ways to select certain titles, limit to particular disciplines, and narrow by date. If you find a review that seems on point, but rather dated (10 years or so), try searching for it (or any of the works cited) in Google Scholar. Then follow the “cited by” links to discover something more recent.
- Encyclopedia of the History of Psychological Theories is an ebook that surveys the range of thinking in psychology, from ancient times to the present.