Fieldwork during Covid-19
Virtual Research (Field Work & Interviews)
- Doing Online Interviews (Alexia Maddox)
- Epistolary (Asynchronous) Interviews
- World Clock Meeting Planner (Time Zone Scheduler)
- Deborah Lupton's Bibliography: Doing Fieldwork in a Pandemic
- YouTube: Deborah Lupton: Conducting & Virtual Fieldwork in a Pandemic
- YouTube:When the Field is Online
- YouTube: Ethnographic Fieldwork Across Online Spaces
- NVivo Blog: COVID-19 and Virtual Qualitative Fieldwork
- LSE Blog: Carrying out qualitative research under lockdown – Practical and ethical considerations (here)
- London School of Economics (LSE) Digital Ethnography Collective Reading List
- Social Research and Insecurity - Essays on How the Pandemic Has Changed Research Practice (SSRC)
Remote Instruction for Qualitative Software
On-demand video instruction and online tutorial sessions are being offered for remote instruction. Please feel welcome to make use of these resources. You may also contact us directly or through ask-a-librarian for individual consultations or to attend our online workshops listed or help getting your software downloaded and project set up!
LinkedIn Learning @ Harvard: There are several videos and courses on qualitative research, ethnography, interview skills, as well as choosing qualitative software and learning NVivo qualitative software platform. (Tip: Search for Qualitative Research, Ethnography or NVivo)
NVivio: Offering a suite of on-demand webinars including topics such as mixed methods analysis, content analysis, literature review, analysis social media, data visualization, best practices for qualitative research, etc.
Atlas.Ti: Learning how to use the software, free trial licenses, we also offer combined courses on methodology of qualitative data analysis and using the software. You can find all of the learning opportunities we offer here. Some of these courses are now available for free.
Taguette: Getting started with Taguette will assist you installing and Instructions for using this free open access and open source qualitative software tool!