A scholarly alternative to Google
- See restricted articles if you're not on a library computer.
- Request materials for delivery, Scan & Deliver, or from partner libraries outside Harvard through Get It Services (Borrow Direct & Interlibrary Loan).
- Renew items in your account, see your requests, or what you have checked out.
- Save your search results for future use in "My Research." Click on the checkbox next to an item and it will automatically be saved.
- Save your search queries and receive alerts when new items are added that match those searches.
- Just type subject, title, or author keywords in the HOLLIS+ search screen.
- Notice that there are many options to limit your search - you can look at only peer-reviewed journals; limit by material (Book, Newspaper Articles, etc.); select a particular library; etc.
Search like a librarian
Search for an exact phrase with quotation marks.
Great for title searches.
(Note: phrase searches cannot include wildcards).
|"capital in the twenty-first century"|
Include search terms with OR; exclude search terms with AND and NOT. (Use all caps for OR, AND, NOT).
|NSA OR "National Security Agency"|
Find all forms of a word with wildcards. ? matches a single character and * matches multiple characters.
(Note: phrase searches cannot include wildcards, and you cannot used a wildcard at the beginning of a word).
Group related terms with parenthesis.
("Affordable Care Act" OR Obamacare) AND "birth control"
Text a call number
- Click on a title in the search results, and go to the "Send to" menu. If you're signed in, HOLLIS+ will remember your phone number.
Refine your results
- Use the menu on the left-hand side of the screen to limit your results by availability, type, location, language, and more.
Browse HOLLIS by...
- View a list of titles, authors, or subjects in alphabetical order. You can also browse by library call number.
- Construct a complex search using the Advanced Search page. Ask a Librarian for help. We're here for you.
"My Research" and "My Account / Renew"
- Save items for future reference
- Organize saved items into folders
- View saved searches and alerts
- Renew items
- See requests, loans, and fines
Research management and citation tools
HOLLIS+ is compatible with RefWorks, EndNote, Zotero, and other research management and citation tools.
- Use the "Send to" link in a record to push a citation to a tool.
- Or, save a record to "My Research" and send it from there.
- Learn more about these tools.
Not finding what you need?
Ask a librarian. We're here to help.