Who can Access the Library?
- The Schlesinger Library is open to the public and no academic affiliation is required.
- Readers younger than sixteen years old are welcome to use library materials when accompanied by an adult, or by prior arrangement.
- While no appointment is necessary to use the library's holdings, researchers are strongly encouraged to contact the Library in advance of their visit. Many of our collections are stored offsite, require permission to use, and/or have access restrictions. Please contact us through our Ask a Schlesinger Librarian form.
The Schlesinger Library is open Monday through Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The Carol K. Pforzheimer Reading Room closes at 4:45pm. We are closed on Saturdays and Sundays. We are also closed on the following days:
- Memorial Day - Monday, May 26, 2014
- Independence Day - Friday, July 4, 2014
- Labor Day - Monday, Sept. 1, 2014
Directions & Accomodations
We are located in Radcliffe Yard, three blocks outside of Harvard Square at 3 James Street, Cambridge, MA 02138.
Visitors are encouraged to use public transportation, since parking is limited.
The Harvard University Travel Portal provides up-to-date information about area hotels and ground transportation