Skip to main content
Images from Schlesinger Library
1. Contact us in advance of your visit
- Use our Ask a Schlesinger Librarian form to request an appointment and access to collections
- We can recommend additional sources and provide in-depth research help
- Our collections are stored offsite and some may have access restrictions
- See this research guide for more detailed information about placing requests
2. Document Cameras available in Reading Room
- Each table is equipped with document cameras. Learn more and download the software.
- Prefer to use your own camera? No problem, just turn off your flash and leave your camera case and tripod behind.
3. What to bring
- A form of photo identification. You will present your identification at the reception desk and complete a brief registration form.
- Pencils, digital cameras, laptops, and flash drives are welcome in the Reading Room. We have extras of all of these items to lend.
- Leave notebooks, folders, jackets, wallets, computer and camera cases, and bags in our lockers. We provide lined loose-leaf paper.