Please note: COVID-19 Update
The Library building is currently closed to all researchers but we are open online. For more information about our services and ways to get in touch, please visit the Ask a Schlesinger Librarian page. We’ve also posted a guide to help you locate resources online during the closure. Research questions can be submitted via the Ask a Schlesinger Librarian webform.
1. Contact us in advance of your visit
- Appointments are not required, but please use our Ask a Schlesinger Librarian form to contact us about your visit.
- We can recommend additional sources and provide in-depth research help.
- Many of our collections are stored off-site and some have access restrictions.
- Access to some formats, such as A/V materials and oversized items, require advance notice.
- See this requesting guide for more detailed information about placing requests.