Carol Lawrence and Larry Kert in a promotional photo for West Side Story, 1957.
Image courtesy The New York Public Library
Quick access to the best resources in the Harvard Library to help you research musical theater. Need to know more? Ask us:
Five Ways to Start Your Research
1. Get Background Info about people, genres, and shows.
2. Search HOLLIS: try looking for a composer, songwriter, performer, or production. Use the facets on the left to limit your results (e.g. "Archives/Manuscripts," "Image," "Musical Score").
3. Find articles and reviews in newspapers and magazines; try the links in the Find Articles section of this guide.
4. Look for sources like production designs, photos, and manuscripts; see Find Primary Sources for tips to make your visit to a special collection run smoothly.
5. Talk to a librarian! We are delighted to help you, and many special collections hold valuable material that's not in the library catalog. An email or visit is the only way to find these hidden collections. For help, contact: