Contact the research librarians
Gutman librarians are available to answer your questions Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm EST.
Email: Use our Ask Us form
Drop in at the main desk on Gutman's 2nd floor: Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm EST
Need more in-depth research help? Make a virtual appointment to work with a research librarian.
To schedule a time, use the Gutman Library Research Appointment tool.
Get a Harvard Library bookmark
Find scholarly articles & books
Ex: Intergenerational performance ecology: a practice-based approach
Ex: Teachers bridging difference: exploring identity with art
Help with your assignments
Get help from experts:
- Your professor or TF can discuss your ideas with you and help you connect them to course readings and assignments.
- Librarians can help you develop a research strategy and identify relevant resources and search terms.
- A Writing Center TF can help refine a research question and review drafts of papers.
Search subject databases
It's okay to begin with Google or HOLLIS, but then switch to specialized databases to find the best research from your discipline(s).
- "3-in-1" education articles search
- Art Full Text
- International Bibliography of Theatre & Dance with Full Text
- RILM Abstracts of Music Literature
- All databases @ Harvard Library
See also: List of streaming performing arts videos
Manage and cite my research
Use Zotero to:
- create reference lists in APA and other formats
- create a searchable database of your research
- import citations, abstracts, and more from online sources
- organize notes and full text documents, such as PDFs, images, spreadsheets
Begin with HOLLIS to find online access to books and articles available through the Harvard Library.
In HOLLIS but not available online?
- Use the "Scan & Deliver" or "Scan & Deliver/Interlibrary Loan" link on the HOLLIS record to request digital copies of articles and book chapters (only two chapters per book). Learn more about Scan & Deliver.
Not in HOLLIS?