Search Rare Book Collection
Researchers can search the Rare Book Collection at GSD, through HOLLIS, Harvard Library's catalog. Every item in the Rare Book Collection is indexed in HOLLIS.
To Search for items in the Rare Book Collection:
- Go to HOLLIS for searching the Rare Book Collection.
- For understanding how to use HOLLIS, see this HOLLIS User Guide. The Advanced Search section of that guide may be particularly useful.
- For targeted searches use the "Advanced Search" in HOLLIS and limit your search to "Library Catalog"; and then set the "Search Scope" to "Frances Loeb Library."
- To narrow your search to items in the Rare Book Collection use the targeted search above, and in the search box menu use:
"Code = Library + Collection" : use DESRARE as your search term; and
"Resource Type" (to the right of the search box) : choose BOOKS or JOURNALS.
- You can also add search terms to the search box (keyword, subject, etc.) to focus your search further.
- To narrow your results use the filters under "Refine my results" (date, language, location, etc.)
- Alternatively, get in touch with us through Ask a Design Librarian.