Some ways to get started exploring Ottoman-era Palestine, with an interest in the Ottoman government of the area:
- A search of Google Scholar for < ottoman (government OR policy) (palestine OR levant) >
- British Parliamentary Papers: search for various cities and regions in Palestine prior to 1924. (I.e., British perspectives on Palestine during the Ottoman time. (Link for Harvard subscription only. Note, this link populates the search form in the database. You need to click on "search" to make it run. Then you can use "search within results" to narrow it down.)
- HOLLIS catalog entries (catalog only, not journal articles) labeled Turkish Ottoman language with “Filistin.”
- HOLLIS catalog entries in Turkish with “Filistin” and dated 1800-1930
- HOLLIS catalog entries with (Palestine OR Filistin OR Jerusalem) and "Ottoman Empire."
- Harvard's Middle East Collections
- Library Guides to Turkish and Ottoman collections and research. Check HOLLIS catalog for items mentioned in them. Some not at Harvard may be obtainable through interlibrary loan and Borrow Direct: