Qur'an and Hadith
In addition to the web collections noted below, the Harvard University Libraries hold tremendous collections on the sources--in Arabic and Persian as well as Western European Languages. Search through Hollis.
- Qur'anUSC-MSA Compendium of Muslim Texts. Translations by Yusufali, Pickthall, & Shakir. Also allows searching of the text.
- Sunnah and HadithUSC-MSA Compendium of Muslim Texts. Includes Bukhari, Muslim, Abu Da'ud, & Makik. Searching also an option.
Commentaries, Encyclopedias, and Concordances about the Qur'an
- Bell, Richard, Introduction to the Qur'an.General study; accurate, clear; Covers history of the text, literary style, chronology of verses, etc
- Kassis, Hanna E., A concordance of the QuranBased on the Arthur Arberry translation, allows lookup in Arabic alphabetical order, in translation, by root, the verse and sura and the translation.
- Tabari, 838?-923. The commentary on the Qur’anTranslation of Classical commentary; to date only vol. 1 has been published.
- Watt, W. Montgomery (William Montgomery), Companion to the Qur'anProvides background material to understanding the Qur’an; useful index to proper names in the Qur’an; based on Arberry’s translation; provides cross-references to other surahs.