- Ali, Muhammad, A manual of HadithCollection of 690 ahadith mostly taken from Salih al-Bukhari with explanatory notes.
- Bukhari, Muhammad ibn Ismail, Sahih al-Bukhari [The translation of the meanings of Sahih al-Bukhari]Sahih al-Bukhari and the Sahih Muslim are ranked as the most reliable sources of ahadith. The isnads are not included. No index is included but the table of contents is very detailed.
- Ghazi Ahmad, Sayings of Muhammad: a select collection on the Islamic code of conduct, translated into English with Arabic textSelection of 256 ahadith taken mainly from Bukhari and Muslim, arranged in 45 chapters.
- Malik ibn Anas, Muwatta Imam MalikWell footnoted translation of Malik's collection of hadith.
- Muslim ibn al-Hajjaj al-Qushayri, Sahih Muslim: being traditions of the sayings and doings of the prophet Muhammad as narrated by his companions and compiled under the title al-Jami-us-sahihSahih al-Bukhari and the Sahih Muslim are ranked as the most reliable sources of ahadith. Only the first narrator of the isnad is translated. Volume 4 is an extensive index combining both subject and narrative.
- Nawawi, An-Nawawi's forty hadithAn important collection of selected hadith by al-Nawawi.
Hadith: Guides and Commentaries
- Burton, John, An Introduction to the Hadith.Islamic surveys.
- Denffer, Ahmad von, Hadith: a select and annotated guide to materials in the English languageAnnotated bibliography of articles and books printed in English on Hadith.
- Usmani, Shabbir Ahmad, The English translation of the Fadl al-Bari: commentary on the Sahih Al-Bukhari: discourses of Allamah Shabbir Ahmad UthmaniTranslation of a series of lectures given by the Indian scholar on the Sahih al-Bukhari.)
- Wensinck, A.J. (Arent Jan), A handbook of early Muhammadan tradition: alphabetically arrangedGives the word in context and the citation to the collection.