This guide provides links to resources relevant to Expos 20: Immigration and Incarceration taught by Erin Routon. If you have library related questions, I would be happy to hear from you.
Helpful Starting Point
Find Journal Articles
Below is a selection of resources for finding journals articles and much more. To explore the many databases Harvard subscribes to beyond this list use the Databases section of HOLLIS.
- Academic Search Premier is a multidisciplinary database that includes newspapers, journals, and magazines.
- Social Science Premium includes mainly scholarly material in a range of social science disciplines including, sociology, political science, and education.
- Google Scholar enables you to search for scholarly literature, including journal articles,, theses, books across academic disciplines.
- Think Tank Search is a custom Google search created by librarians at the Harvard Kennedy School (HKS). It "searches the websites of institutions that generate public policy research, analysis, and activity. These sites are affiliated with universities, governments, advocacy groups, foundations, and non-governmental organizations. The list represents a mixture of partisan and non-partisan think-tanks."
Helpful Services & Tools
- Check Harvard Library Bookmark - Use this bookmarklet to get quick access to subscriptions purchased by Harvard Library.
- Lean Library - Use this browser extension to seamlessly access Harvard Library subscriptions from anywhere on the web.
- Citation and Research Managment Tools at Harvard
- Ask a Librarian
- Borrow Direct - find and borrow books not available at Harvard.
- Scan & Deliver - request print journal articles, book chapters and other documents be sent to your email.