Reference Managers & Overleaf
When working on your bibliography, you can link to your Zotero, CiteULike, or Mendeley accounts directly within Overleaf.
Zotero or CiteULike
- Import your Mendeley library into Overleaf
- Managing shared references in your Mendeley groups
- Mendeley blog post series on LaTeX and BibTeX
If you are using another reference management tool, you can upload a BibTeX (.bib) file.
- Export your bibliography from RefWorks in .bib format to use in Overleaf.
- Save this exported file to a location which allows direct linking (e.g. google drive), to keep it in sync when you add new references.
- Export your bibliography from EndNote to Overleaf using the export to BibTeX option in EndNote. Note:If you do not see the export to BibTeX option in EndNote, you may need to download and install the necessary EndNote style plugin.
- Guide from MIT with details on using EndNote with LaTeX
- Guide from the University of Melbourne with a quick video on using EndNote with LaTeX
BibTeX is a file format used for lists of references for LaTeX documents. Many citation management tools support the ability to export and import lists of references in .bib format. Some reference management tools can generate BibTeX files of your library or folders for use in your LaTeX documents.
- Creating & Managing Bibliographies with BibTeX on Overleaf
- Bibliography Management - LaTeX on Wikibooks
- Which BibTeX Styles are Available on Overleaf?
- View a video tutorial on how to include a bibliography using BibTeX