Gutman librarians are available to answer your questions Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm EST.
Email: Use our Ask Us form
Drop in at the main desk on Gutman's 2nd floor: Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm EST
Need more in-depth research help? Make a virtual appointment to work with a research librarian.
To schedule a time, use the Gutman Library Research Appointment tool.
3. Harvard Library bookmark
4. 3-in-1 and specialized databases
It's okay to begin with Google or HOLLIS, but then switch to specialized databases to find the best disciplinary and multidisciplinary research:
- "3-in-1" Education Articles (Gutman's curated education articles search)
- Google Scholar (with Try Harvard Library links to full text)
- ProQuest Social Sciences
- PubMed (with Try Harvard Library links to full text)
- Sociological Abstracts
- Web of Science
- All databases @ Harvard Library
5. Research management and citation tools
- create reference lists in APA and other formats
- create a searchable database of your research
- import citations, abstracts, and more from online sources
- organize notes and full text documents, such as PDFs, images, spreadsheets
6. Get It
Begin with HOLLIS to find online access to books and articles available through the Harvard Library.
In HOLLIS but not available online?
- Use the "Scan & Deliver" or "Scan & Deliver/Interlibrary Loan" link on the HOLLIS record to request digital copies of articles and book chapters (only two chapters per book). Learn more about Scan & Deliver.
- Pickup at Lamont Library is available by appointment for materials in certain Harvard collections, including Widener, Lamont, and Gutman Library materials off-site at the Harvard Depository. For directions to the pickup area at Lamont Library and the full list of currently available collections, please see Borrowing Physical Collections.
Not in HOLLIS?
- Use Interlibrary Loan to request digital copies of articles and book chapters from our partner libraries (please anticipate there may be delays). Learn more about Interlibrary Loan or place an Interlibrary Loan request.