Gutman librarians are available to answer your questions Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm EST.
Email: Use our Ask Us form
Drop in at the main desk on Gutman's 2nd floor: Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm EST
Need more in-depth research help? Make a virtual appointment to work with a research librarian.
To schedule a time, use the Gutman Library Research Appointment tool.
3. Lean Library
4. 3-in-1 and specialized databases
It's okay to begin with Google or HOLLIS, but then switch to specialized databases to find the best disciplinary and multidisciplinary research:
- "3-in-1" Education Articles (Gutman's curated education articles search)
- Google Scholar (with Try Harvard Library links to full text)
- ProQuest Social Sciences
- PubMed (with Try Harvard Library links to full text)
- Sociological Abstracts
- Web of Science
- All databases @ Harvard Library
5. Research management and citation tools
- create reference lists in APA and other formats
- create a searchable database of your research
- import citations, abstracts, and more from online sources
- organize notes and full text documents, such as PDFs, images, spreadsheets
6. Access Options
Begin in HOLLIS to find books and articles available through the Harvard Library.
In HOLLIS but not available online?
- Use the "Scan & Deliver" or "Interlibrary Loan" link on the HOLLIS record to request digital copies of articles and book chapters (only two chapters per book). Learn more about Scan & Deliver | Learn more about interlibrary loan
Not in HOLLIS or not available at Harvard?