Gutman librarians are available to answer your questions Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm EST.
Email: Use our Ask Us form
Drop in at the Library Services Desk on Gutman's 2nd floor: Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm EST
Need more in-depth research help? Make a virtual appointment to work with a research librarian.
To schedule a time, use the Gutman Library Research Appointment tool.
3. Lean Library
4. 3-in-1 and specialized databases
It's okay to begin with Google or HOLLIS, but then switch to specialized databases to find the best disciplinary and multidisciplinary research:
- "3-in-1" Education Articles (Gutman's curated education articles search)
- Google Scholar (with Try Harvard Library links to full text)
- ProQuest Social Sciences
- PubMed (with Try Harvard Library links to full text)
- Sociological Abstracts
- Web of Science
- All databases @ Harvard Library
5. Research management and citation tools
- create reference lists in APA and other formats
- create a searchable database of your research
- import citations, abstracts, and more from online sources
- organize notes and full text documents, such as PDFs, images, spreadsheets
To view a list of upcoming classes, visit Citation Management Workshops on the Harvard Library Events Calendar. (Note: if the page is blank, no classes are currently scheduled. You can schedule an individual appointment with a Gutman research librarian.)
6. Access Options
Begin in HOLLIS to find books and articles available through the Harvard Library.
In HOLLIS but not available online?
- Go to Access Options on the HOLLIS record and click the "Scan & Deliver" or "Interlibrary Loan (now includes Borrow Direct)" link to request digital copies of articles and book chapters (only two chapters per book). Learn more about Scan & Deliver | Learn more about interlibrary loan
Not in HOLLIS or not available at Harvard?
- Go to Access Options on the HOLLIS record and click the "Interlibrary Loan (now includes Borrow Direct)" link to request materials from our partner libraries. Learn more about Borrow Direct | Learn more about interlibrary loan