In support of remote teaching, the Harvard Library is continuing its digital course reserves services for Spring.2021. Requests received by December 1, 2020 will receive priority.
At an instructor's request, library staff will:
- Find links to existing digital materials;
- Scan articles and book chapters; and
- Post digital content to your Library Reserves reading list on Canvas.
If you need to request the entire book:
- Instructors should submit all book requests via Canvas as they normally would. Library staff will do their best to find an available online source.
If you need to request a chapter or an article:
- See Request item digitization for information on requesting a scanned article or book chapter.
- Teach Remotely with Harvard Library
- Using Published Video in Online Courses
- Copyright Considerations for the Harvard Community in Shifting Courses from In-Person to Online During the COVID-19 Crisis
- Harvard University Fair Use Guidelines