U.S. Government & Politics
Sources for Context
- CQ Electronic Library Includes the resources CQ Researcher, Encyclopedia of the First Amendment and the Supreme Court Yearbook, among others.
- Oxford Bibliographies Online is a series of selective, discipline-focused, online guides to the essential literature in a subject.
- Oxford Handbooks Online: Political Science offer introductions to topics and critical surveys of the current state of scholarship.
There are hundreds of journal databses to which the Harvard Library subscribes. You can find additional resources on the Databases page.
- Political Science Database indexes the journal literature in political science.
- Policyfile contains public policy reports and studies published by think tanks, university research programs, and other organizations.
- ProQuest Government Periodicals Index covers articles in approximately 170 current federal publications.
Resources for Articles in Interdisciplinary & Related Fields
Indexes in Related Disciplines
- America History & Life is the primary bibliographic reference to the history of the United States and Canada from prehistory to the present.
- Historical Abstracts is a reference guide to the history of the world from 1450 to the present (excluding the United States and Canada).
- Sociological Abstracts
Finding Books at Harvard
Finding Books Beyond Harvard
Government Documents and Data Resources
- ProQuest Congressional is a collection of legislative and executive publications.
- CQ Press Library
- Data.gov: The home of the U.S. Government's open data.
- LexisNexis State Capital provides access to the legislation and administrative law of all 50 states.
- ProQuest Statistical Insight is a searchable database of statistical information from selected federal, state and international publications.
Selected News Sources
- Factiva is a database of over 8,000 business and news publications in over 20 languages.
- Nexis Uni features over 15,000 news, business, and legal sources.
- Politico Pro comprehensive database providing legislative and regulatory insights for policy research.
- National Journal is a collection of resources on U.S.politics and policy, including Hotline and Race Tracker.
- Ethnic NewsWatch is a comprehensive database of publications of the ethnic, minority, and native press.
- Alt-PressWatch provides access to newspapers, magazines, and journals of the alternative and independent press.
- ClimateWire is a daily environmental newswire. Includes access to Greenwire and Energywire.