Sources for Context
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy is written and maintained by the entire philosophy profession.
- Oxford Bibliographies Online is a series of selective, discipline-focused, online guides to the essential literature in a subject.
- Oxford Handbooks Online: Political Science offer introductions to topics and critical surveys of the current state of scholarship.
Electronic Text Collections
- Cambridge Histories Online includes 61 different works covering 14 subject areas including General History, Philosophy and Religion.
- Oxford Scholarship Online: Philosophy contains the full-text online versions of over 500 individual Philosophy texts. There are also Law and Political Science categories.
Resources for Articles on Political Theory
There are hundreds of journal indexes and databses to which the Harvard Library subscribes. One way to find which resources cover a particular field is to search by subject in Find E-Resources.
- Philosopher's Index is a major index to the scholarly literature in philosophy.
- Political Science Database indexes the journal literature in political science.
- HeinOnline is a digital collection of legal materials.
- America History & Life is the primary bibliographic reference to the history of the United States and Canada from prehistory to the present.
- Historical Abstracts is a reference guide to the history of the world from 1450 to the present (excluding the United States and Canada).
- ATLA Religion Index
- Web of Science indexes core journal articles and other resources in the sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities. A key feature of the database is citation searching which enables you to find who has cited an article since it was published.
- Google Scholar enables you to search for scholarly literature, including peer-reviewed papers, theses, books, etc. from all broad areas of research. Google Scholar also provides information on who has cited an item since it was published.
- Social Science Premium is an index and full text database in the social sciences, including politics, sociology, and education.
Finding Books at Harvard
Finding Books Beyond Harvard