International Relations & Comparative Politics
Sources for Context & Overviews
- Oxford Bibliographies Online is a series of selective, discipline-focused, online guides to the essential literature in a subject.
- Oxford Handbooks Online: Political Science offer introductions to topics and critical surveys of the current state of scholarship.
- International Encyclopedia of Revolution and Protest: 1500 to the Present.
- Economist Intelligence Unit provides country profiles and data. The information includes descriptions of the politics, economy, risk, regulation, and business environment, of a country.
- Europa World: The Europa World Year Book Online provides information on more than 250 countries and territories, and profiles over 1650 international organizations.
Resources for Articles in International Relations
- Political Science Database indexes the journal literature in political science.
Discipline or Area Specific
- Bibliography of Asian Studies holds material on all subjects related to East, Southeast, and South Asia from 1971 to the present.
- East View Universal Databases are a set of databases on the politics and social sciences in the former Soviet republics.
- HeinOnline is a digital collection of legal materials.
- Historical Abstracts
- Middle Eastern and Central Asian Studies is an index to research, policy, and scholarly discourse on the countries and peoples of the Middle East, Central Asia, and North Africa.
- Military and Government Periodicals offers current news pertaining to all branches of the military.
- Web of Science indexes core journal articles and other resources in the sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities. A key feature of the database is citation searching which enables you to find who has cited an article since it was published.
- Google Scholar enables you to search for scholarly literature, including peer-reviewed papers, theses, books, etc. from all broad areas of research. Google Scholar also provides information on who has cited an item since it was published.
- Social Science Premium is an index and full text database in the social sciences, including politics, sociology, and education.
Finding Books at Harvard
Finding Books Beyond Harvard
Government Documents and Data Resources
- AccessUN is an index of current and retrospective United Nations documents and publications
- Armed Conflict Database covers international and internal conflicts, Users can generate reports, download data, and browse through year-by-year analysis and fact sheets online.
- CountryData.com provides over 75 country risk-related variables including political, economic, financial and government stability. Also includes domestic and international economic indicators, social indicators, ICRG Risk Ratings and Coplin-O'Leary Forecasts.
- Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) a suite of global research services that includes: Country Data, Country Finance and Country Forecast,
- Factiva is a database of over 8,000 business and news publications, most in full text.
- AllAfrica.com collects and publishes in French and English daily news stories from over 130 African publishers.
- East View Universal Databases are a set of fulltext databases which include a collection of newspapers from larger cities in Russia.
- GenderWatch is a full text database of diverse publications that focus on the impact of gender across a range of subjects.
- Latin American Newsstand provides full-text information in Spanish and Portuguese from 41 newspapers from Puerto Rico and 11 Latin American countries.
- MideastWire.com provides English summaries of news from 22 Arab countries, Iran, and the Arab media Diaspora.