Use Harvard's online catalog, HOLLIS, to search for books.
- If you are in the Cambridge area, you may use the "Request pick-up" option in the item's record in HOLLIS to arrange a time to pick the book up at Lamont Library. This service is not available for all library collections.
If you can't find the book you're looking for in HOLLIS, ask a librarian.
Find Materials in Your Language
Find English/Other Language Dictionaries
To search for language dictionaries in the Harvard libraries, go to HOLLIS Advanced Search and follow these steps:
- Choose "Library catalog."
- Change the first search box from "Keywords anywhere" to "Subject."
- In the first search box, type: english language dictionaries XXX [replace the XXX with the name of your language in English].
- Click on “Search.”
- Select a relevant title.
- The record for the dictionary will provide a list of Harvard libraries owning it. Look at the "Get It" section to find out if the dictionary is available. Most dictionaries will be "In-library use only."