- Urban Studies Abstracts (Harvard Login)Abstracts for literature in the area of urban studies, including urban affairs, community development, and urban history. Coverage back to 1973.
- Social Science Premium Collection (Harvard Login)Database collection covering many areas of the social sciences. Includes PAIS for public policy research.
- Business Premium Collection (Harvard Login)Articles from over 1000 academic management, marketing, and general business journals.
- EconLit (Harvard Login)Indexes articles in over 450 economics journals. Topics include economic development, housing, poverty/inequality and more.
- State and Local Government Review (Harvard Login)The official journal of the Section on Intergovernmental Administration and Management (SIAM) of the American Society for Public Administration. Includes a special issue every year that focuses on current issues for state and local government.
- Local Government Studies (Harvard Login)An academic journal for the study of local politics, policy, public administration and management and governance.
- Capitol IdeasPublication of the Council of State Governments.
- State Legislatures (Harvard Login)Publication of the National Conference of State Legislatures.
- Taubman Center for State and Local Government Policy BriefsThe Taubman Center offers policy briefs on issues related to state and local government.
- Rappaport Institute for Greater Boston Policy BriefsThe Rappaport Institute offers policy briefs on topics related to local governance and the Greater Boston area.
- American City Business Journals (Harvard Login)Provides access to local business news and information from more than forty major metropolitan cities across the United States.
- Regional Business News (Harvard Login)Full text for regional business publications including news wire services covering multiple geographic regions. Includes local city business newspapers in the United States and Canada.
- Governing the States and LocalitiesNews and analysis on state and local government.
- Politico Pro (Harvard Login)Database providing legislative and regulatory insights, data tools and resources for policy research. Includes sections on Florida, New Jersey, & New York.
- StatelineOnline news site reporting on emerging trends and issues in state policy and politics.
- Nexis Uni (Harvard Login)Provides access to thousands of newspapers from around the world. Includes local newspapers for many US metropolitan areas.
- Factiva (Harvard Login)Contains local newspapers and local tv news transcripts from the United States. To browse resources by region, click on the source box. To the right of the "Select Source Category" change the drop down menu to "By Region." Next, select North America- United States and chose the relevant state to retrieve list of resources by state.
- Government TechnologyOnline portal to news and magazine site on information technology's role in state and local governments. Includes in-depth coverage of IT case studies, emerging technologies and the implications of digital technology on the policies and management of public sector. organizations,
- Book of the StatesStandard reference tool for information about U.S. states and territories. Published by the Council of State Governments.
- State Agency DatabasesCurated by the ALA, Government Documents Round Table, this site contains an updated list of all state government databases; organized by state and agency.
- State Corporation and Business Entities DatabasesWebsites of State Corporation databases and Uniform Commercial Code databases for all 50 states. Corporation databases may include business and not for profit corporations, limited partnerships, limited liability companies, limited liability partnerships, and other miscellaneous businesses. Compiled by the Boston Public Library,