Skip to Main Content
A Few Things to Know
- Submitting a request through HOLLIS Special Request does not guarantee that your materials will be available on your selected visit date.
- If requesting from a finding aid, be sure to request archival materials at the item/folder level. If you request a full series or subseries, this will often be many boxes, requiring multiple requests - one for each box.
- Any collections stored offsite will require additional time for delivery. If your requested visit date doesn't allow for that additional time, we will be in touch to reschedule.
- If there are restrictions or conditions on access that cannot be managed when you arrive, we will be in touch to confirm the next steps and potentially reschedule your visit.
- There is a 10 box limit per researcher to start your visit. As you work through those initial boxes, you are welcome to place additional requests. The limit is more flexible for books and published materials. Researchers are encouraged to place requests for 10 boxes in advance of your visit so we can confirm access to items with restrictions or arrange for delivery if stored offsite.
- If you are unable to visit the library on your scheduled visit date, manuscript materials that are left on hold will be returned to storage one week after the expiration of the date on the hold slip and published materials will be returned to storage three weeks after the expiration of the date on the hold slip. Researchers are welcome to resubmit requests at a later date.
- Please share your questions with us using the Ask a Schlesinger Librarian web form.