Managing Your Academic Identity
Unique Author ID (e.g. ORCID, ResearcherID)
I want to encourage everyone to sign up for a free ORCID account.
What is ORCID?
- ORCID (Open Researcher and Contributor ID) provides a persistent digital identifier that distinguishes you from every other researcher and, through integration in key research workflows such as manuscript and grant submission, supports automated linkages between you and your professional activities ensuring that your work is recognized.
Why use ORCID?
- Author Name Disambiguation
- Unique ID that stay with you
- All your work in one place
- Need for grants, journal submissions, etc.