Your Net ID is not the same as your HarvardKey. Your Net ID is comprised of 3 letters and 3 or 4 numbers (i.e. gse1234) and may have a different password than your HarvardKey.
- How to find your Net ID username: Using your phone or laptop, log onto key.harvard.edu and select “Manage your Account & Services.” Your Net ID information will be found in the “Account Information” box at the bottom of the page.
- Password: Your default password is the first 8 digits of your HUID followed by your first and last name initials (lowercase), followed by an exclamation point (e.g. 12345678jh!). You will need to change this default password.
- In order to change your Net ID’s default password you must use a Gutman Library Windows-based PC (located on the 2nd and 4th floors).
- Once you login for the first time you will be prompted to change your default password. You will need to change the default password to one that contains:
- 8 characters
- English uppercase characters (A-Z)
- English lowercase characters (a-z)
- Base 10 digits (0-9)
Please visit the IT Desk on the 3rd floor for help with Net IDs.