To request high-resolution scans for publication please contact us via Ask a Schlesinger Librarian. Include a description of the item and the location (call number and folder, or image number from the catalog). All requests are considered on a case-by-case basis. If you want to order low-resolution scans for research purposes please use the Personal Research Use Form.
Existing Digital Images:
- Publication-quality digital copies (300 ppi Tiff files) of existing digital images in the online catalogs can be provided by Harvard's Imaging Services. The cost is $20 per 1-10 image files, plus a fee for electronic delivery.
- Standard turn-around time on orders is 15 business days from receipt of payment. Rush orders may be available for an additional fee depending on availability. See the Imaging Services web site for more information.
- Download hi-res images of public domain images directly from our Flickr Commons page.
- To request reproductions of material that is not yet digitized, please contact us via Ask a Schlesinger Librarian. and include a complete description and location (collection, box and folder number) of the item that you would like digitized.
- New digitization starts at $20 per image, with additional fees for fragile, oversized, or bound material. There is a fee for electronic delivery and there may be additional handling fees for large orders.
- Turn-around time is about 4-5 weeks from receipt of payment. Rush orders may be available for an additional fee depending on availability. See the Imaging Services web site for more information.